We have been unexpectedly inundated with requests for our jobs’ board. Although we are thrilled so many amazing organisations are keen to really work at connecting with female employees, sadly we have also realised we simply do not have resources to sustain the jobs’ board (we are all volunteers with full time jobs).
We have been looking at alternative ways to connect employers and job seekers – and from now on are offering the below, which is a bit simpler both for us to manage and hopefully people interested in advertising.
Get a newsletter advertising slot for programme, event, or job opportunity
- 90 words
- 1 x additional web link (e.g. to ‘apply here’)
- 1 x logo
- Only 2 x slots are available per newsletter to maintain the quality of the communication.
- £120 per slot
- Newsletters are monthly – the next newsletter eligible for this will be in around 3-4 weeks.
- Why do we charge for this?Two reasons: one is to ensure that employers are serious about what they advertise. Sadly, we often get people seemingly looking to spam our community for the sake of ‘contacting’ women rather than a meaningful attempt to hire. The second reason is that DevelopHer uses these funds to cover basic costs so we can still offer opportunities and events to our community at a low price.
- What happened to the start up / small business discount?To be fair and keep it simple, we now are using a single fee – albeit closer to the reduced fee we previously offered rather than the ‘corporate fee’.
- How many people will see it? We have over 4000 people on our mailing list. This is c.90% female and all have a strong interest in technology or are working within it. This list has been organically grown over many years and averages a c.50% open rate.