DevelopHer respects the privacy rights of individuals and their personal data. This Privacy Notice aims to explain how we will use the data that you share with us and how we keep your data safe and secure. We always aim to be clear when we collect your data and won’t use it for anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect of us.
At DevelopHer we think it is important to provide timely and relevant communications to our members, enabling us to build long-term relationships with our community members and followers. We also like to get to know you better, provide you with updates on our upcoming events and share our latest news with you. Our goal is to ensure that you know what to expect when you sign up for communications.
DevelopHer members will only receive communications if they have signed up to the mailing list or expressed legitimate interest in the community by attending events or applying for our programmes and workshops.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we use your personal data, please get in touch using the contact details found at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
What information is being collected and how?
If you are a DevelopHer community member, we will routinely collect the following personal data:
- Personal Data Collected Directly through the sign up of the DevelopHer Mailing list: your name, email address, phone number, postal address, email address, gender, age, industry fields, company and roles if stated.
- Personal Data Collected Directly through an event booking or purchase booking process: your name, email address, phone name, postal address, gender, age, industry fields, company and roles if stated. Data may be collected indirectly with your previous DevelopHer related events attendance history.
- Personal Data Collected if you follow one of our social media accounts: including your account name, gender, general interests, location, age. This is based on legitimate interest in providing social media and marketing content that is of interest to our community followers on social media.
Accounts include FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, HootSuite, and Instagram.
- Personal Data collected if you visit one of our sites: site referrals, browsing patterns, browser type, location, general interests, gender, age. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/ HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. This based on legitimate interest in operating the Sites (www.developher.org) providing you access to the pages you wish to access, understanding the interests of our potential community members and provide you with relevant information around our community.
How will my information be used & who will it be shared with?
DevelopHer may use your personal data for the following:
- Administration of event bookings, sign-ups and purchases and to contact you about the purchase (for example with details on your tickets and your attendance).
- To contact you with marketing messages which you have agreed to receive from us (for example our DevelopHer newsletter)
- To contact you with surveys and feedback requests (for example relating to a previous event you attended)
- To analyse the purchase history of our community members and the way our members use our sites (developher.org or social sites).
- To contact you if you have requested or agreed to volunteer, speak, mentor or coach at previous or future events.
- To provide you with bespoke social media content, creating targeted advertising across all our social media channels (analysing responses to posts or existing advertisements) or finding out more about our digital community (e.g. analysing gender or age ranges of our followers)
- To provide you with bespoke website content, gain insight into behaviour and preferences (analysing website pages you visit on DevelopHer.org), creating bespoke marketing messages (by analysing the click-throughs on our Sites) and to collect site statistics.
DevelopHer will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party unless with your permission or as a required to operate the sites, provide our services to you or administer your account.
What are our privacy commitments?
- DevelopHer will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes that we explain here below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
- We will be as clear and open as we can on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
- For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will try to keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
- We will maintain records of your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- If you are a registered subscriber to our mailing list
- If you are a registered user for any of our sites
- If you have completed a purchase with DevelopHer via the DevelopHer Eventbrite page
- For as long as it is necessary to provide our community services to you
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information or would like to sign up to our mailing list, please contact us using the following details: Hello@DevelopHer.org. You can also unsubscribe at any time via the link at the bottom of any email from us.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
There may be instances where we are required to update this Privacy Notice, such as changes in legislation or developments to our business. Should this happen we will endeavour to bring this to your attention. The date of the last update to this notice is provided at the top of this Privacy Notice.
- Ticket Seller: Event Brite
- Payment Processor
- CRM Tool: Mailchimp
- Cloud Storage:
- Social Media Platform:
- Survey Tool: Survey Monkey, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified.
- Web Management Tools
- Internal Communications Management tools