If you’re interested in this role – please email email@example.com to apply or for further information (quoting DevelopHer!).
We’re seeking a Lead Developer who has worked within a highly data-driven environment, who thinks about how to create better, faster, smarter data systems. They need to be excited by and engaged with the problems we are trying to solve and is ready to join our foundational team.
We want them to be able to look at the ‘big picture’ and communicate with both management and other team members to ensure we’re building a product which helps our clients and business at the same time.
About the Company
REalyse is the UK’s leading big data analysis platform for residential property professionals. Enabling property developers, agents and investors to identify trends, risks and opportunities in the market. REalyse has exited a top tier accelerator programme and is finalising second round funding and is ready to build upon an amazing start!
REalyse is a company that empowers its employees to be themselves. We believe many tech companies rely too much on perks—ping pong tables, free snacks, and many others—and not enough on fostering personal and professional development for its employees. Although we do enjoy all of the fun parts of working at a fast-growing tech company, we want to put collaboration, diversity, and entrepreneurship first and foremost.
This ethos is built into our core values to ensure we can bring together an amazing team that will not only want to help build a successful business, but also create a place where people feel inspired to come to work everyday.
Our team has backgrounds working in finance, real estate, tech and several other industries. As a result, they want to make sure that they always look at company culture in a different way that’s not overly corporate or techie. They know this won’t happen just from writing it down on a piece of paper, but that it can happen by encouraging all employees to help build this company and culture together with us.
In case you needed more reasons to work with us at REalyse, here are a few we thought you’d enjoy:
- Be a part of the foundational team that will shape the company’s culture and business.
- Have flexible work hours so you can spend more time with family and friends.
- Feel free to work remotely (we recommend a tropical island…) whenever you need.
- Receive continuous personal and professional development so you never feel like you’re stagnant in your role.
- Work on a product that is completely changing the way the property industry will make investment decisions.
- Spend your days with a team that is open, honest, and encouraging.
- Contribute to a company that is trying to do good by helping the surrounding communities.
- Focus with us on results, not hours in the office.
- Maintain complete transparency. Everyone in the company will know the company and employee goals and projects, so you don’t feel like you’re in the dark.
- Be yourself. We’ve all worked in places where you had to take on a certain identity to fit in. It usually isn’t fun, and it often stifles creativity. We’re not doing that. As Kurt Cobain said, ‘Come, as you are.’
- Software Delivery
- 2 Week Agile Sprints as part of larger Epics.
- Fixing bugs or immediate action items
- Resource Management
- Working with and instructing other team members to maximise efficiency
- Reporting to other team members on progress, problems and requirements
- Creating new 3rd party API calls to feed into the PostgresSQL database
- Creating mathematical operators to allow system users to manipulate datasets
- Adding new mapping polygons into the system for new areas
- Fixing UI bugs and writing test scripts
- 5+ years of experience
- Posgress SQL
- GIS Data Systems & Methods
- Google Maps Integrations
In addition to the salary the role will include an equity option allocation, increasing if the candidate is subsequently able to advance to the position of CTO.